Originally published in Island Ad-Vantages, November 29, 2018
Emergency planning meeting scheduled
Deer Isle—Bring a bag lunch and enjoy 44 North coffee and dessert, provided by Deer Isle-Sunset Church Ladies Aid, on Friday, November 30, at noon at the Deer Isle Congregational Church for an emergency planning meeting.
Meet with Town Managers Kathleen Billings and Jim Fisher, as well as Andrew Sankey, director of Hancock County Emergency Management Agency, and Alfred May, Downeast District Public Health liaison, as well as representatives from island fire departments and Memorial Ambulance Corps.
According to a news release, outcomes of this program will include:
• Identify community assets - warming centers, feed centers, home heating programs.
• Identifying community hazards - flooding, fire, utility failures, pandemics.
• Community networking - organize with others on our island preparing for all hazards.
• Strategic planning - develop communications and action procedures for all hazards.
• Prepare for a WinterFest information table on Saturday, January 19, 2019.
For more information, contact email@example.com.